Thursday 13 June 2013

3. expert in my field

 Hi, I'm going to write a little about Nemesio Antúnez. He was an important painter and engraver. He was the older of three brothers, Enrique Zañartu and Jaime Antúnez they were visual artists too. He studied architecture at Universidad Católica. One of the most important things that he done was to found the "Taller 99" in 1956 to develop the differents engraving's techniques and to promote this discipline for the young people. He expressed a mix between reality and surrealism of that period. Also he maked a tv program called "Ojo con el arte" and on the radio "Universidad de Chile". The principal reason that I like his work is because on his established workshop in Taller 99 he had an equality relation with his students considering that was the purpose to put on practice, and this we can see it in the works. Here I attach some of my favourite paintings of his work.


Lámpara y mesa, 1951

 Estadio negro

2 comments: