Friday 5 July 2013

Favourite artist

Hello classmates as I said in other post I don’t have someone favourite because I like generally a lot of them. In this opportunity I’m going to talk about a Visual Artist that obviously like me a lot. Maurits Cornelis Escher. He was born in 1898 in Leewarden. He belongs to a comfortable family, and his father whished give him an education mainly scientific, because he expect that becomes to an architect. Meanwhile Escher was studying at the Haarlem architecture school he discovered with his teachers, that his real talent and vocation was the art. He studies all the printmaking techniques specially the Lithography. I think that the main reason of I like his work, its besides the perfect finished of his works, because he created the impression of his own inter world, and this impress into a drawing, doesn’t matter if the “real world”, if this can be called as “Fine art”, or if the picture can be Possible. His works not used to be spontaneous, all the way around it needed of large time periods, and sketches. He wanted to make public all this things that occurs in his mind, for this he used visual games with the exes, and made visible in his pictures the spaces considered as empties.

1 comment: